- Work closely with the Art Lead and Creative Director to create VFX based on concept art, pre-viz and photographic reference, in line with the art direction set for the project.
- Create VFX of various styles (e.g. realistic, cartoon, etc) using Unreal Engine 4 (UE4) and other software packages, for games and animated movies.
- Work within the game engine to preview, iterate, optimize and polish game assets to a quality bar and visual direction set by the Art Lead and Creative Director.
- Work closely with the Lead Technical Artist to help define and manage performance budgets, streaming, and other run-time requirements.
- Actively drive pipeline improvements.
- Strong aesthetic appreciation for composition, proportion, lighting and colour.
- Able to set up efficient materials and textures in UE4.
- Well-versed in various UE4 subsystem (e.g. Niagara, Post Process stack, etc) for creating all kinds of amazing visual effects.
- Experienced in creating believable particle behaviours and rigid body simulations.
- 5 years’ experience creating VFX for video games.
- Experience in Houdini is a plus.
- At least 1 shipped AAA title as a VFX artist.
- Excellent team and communication skills.
- Passion for making and playing innovative games.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, team player with a positive and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Well-organized and detail-oriented.
- Solicits feedback frequently; accepts critiques and uses feedback to improve work.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages is a plus.
E-mail us email@example.com
with the following:
- E-mail Title:
"Job Position - Your Name"*
- Linkedin URL
- Anything else that shows your work