- Create benchmark character assets that aligns with the visual direction set by the art director.
- Work closely with the lead artist and various disciplines for the creation of characters.
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions.
- Ensure good communication and coordination between art teams and other disciplines.
- Ensuring a consistent quality of work from the character team while staying on schedule.
- Mentor junior staff by providing training, guidance, and feedback.
- Create character specification documents, review character assets produced by outsource teams and provide technical and aesthetic feedback.
- Clear understanding of game development pipeline and workflow.
- Strong sense of anatomy and proportions.
- Advanced knowledge in Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- 5+ years experience as a character artist in video game productions.
- Strong knowledge in digital sculpting of characters, low to high poly modelling techniques.
- Ability to understand technical constraints and to integrate them when modelling.
- Good sense of form, shape, silhouette in regards to objects.
- Ability and desire to work in creative and collaborative teams.
- Good time management and able to meet deadlines.
- Experience in using Marvelous Designer.
- Strong foundation in the traditional arts (e.g. drawing or sculpting skills with traditional media).
- Management and project planning experience.
- Experience in animation and rigging.
- Degree level qualification in relevant subject.
- Passion for games and/or game culture.
E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following:
- E-mail Title:
"Job Position - Your Name"*
- Linkedin URL
- Anything else that shows your work