- Responsible for the overall visual direction of the Studio’s projects by defining and promoting the visual and artistic direction of the projects.
- Communicate art direction to the art teams through various medium (sketches, concepts, storyboards, videos, documentation).
- Ensure they keep the artistic direction and mood consistent with the defined visual direction and meeting client’s expectation.
- Overall supervise and motivate the art teams, keep everyone on task, critique and review art when it comes in, gives notes for revision, provides mock-ups, and lights the fire under the staff.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to the teams, identify the strengths and weaknesses in your teams and to draw out the hidden potential in an employee.
- 5+ years’ experience in video games development with at least 2 years as Lead art role or above.
- Involved in at least one complete production cycle from start to end in a Lead art role or as an Art Director.
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and visual design.
- Excellent knowledge of colour theory, composition and staging techniques.
- Good artistic knowledge of up-to-date game development workflows and pipelines.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about visual design and world building.
- Excellent communication, organisational and planning skills.
- Significant expertise in software like Maya, 3ds Max, Unity, Unreal Engine 4 (able to use game engines to show art work).
- Good technical knowledge of game art to make ‘best-fit’ judgements on art style.
- Good cinematographic knowledge in lighting, framing and compositing.
- Experience in managing diverse art teams (7+ people).
E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following:
- E-mail Title:
"Art Director - Your Name"*
- Linkedin URL
- Anything else that shows your work