- Work closely with the art director and various disciplines to plan and execute the construction of massive worlds.
- Ensure the visual target is met or exceeded, while working within the design requirements.
- Produce assets on schedule that maintain visual quality and stay within technical budgets
- Actively participate in technical and aesthetic problem-solving discussions.
- Ensure good communication and coordination between the environment team and other disciplines.
- Work within the game engine to preview, iterate, optimize and polish game assets.
- Mentor junior staff by providing training, guidance, and feedback.
- When required, assist with the review of outsourced art assets
- Clear understanding of game development pipeline and workflow.
- Able to break down concept art into logical set pieces for efficient scene construction.
- Able to delegate and manage set piece construction.
- Able to create interesting and detailed worlds from a sub-set of reusable assets.
- Able to provide lighting passes that compliment gameplay intent.
- Strong hands-on skills with DCCT’s (eg. Photoshop, Max, Maya, Zbrush, Blender)
- 5+ years’ experience in creating Environment Art with at least 1 shipped title in a Lead role.
- Good understanding of rendering and other technical constraints related to environment art
- Well organised and detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Variety of environments shown in portfolio
- Having additional cross-disciplinary skills.
- Avid gamer!
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
E-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org
with the following:
- E-mail Title:
"Lead Environment Artist - Your Name"*
- Linkedin URL
- Anything else that shows your work